- All you need to know about
- Dedicated servers
- MOD support
- PCU limits
- Join the Beta now
PlayStation & Space Engineers
- Crossplay: Our PlayStation release of Space Engineers will launch with Crossplay enabled. PC, Xbox, and PlayStation players will be able to team up on day one!
- Dedicated Servers: Yes, we will release with Epic Online Services (EOS) servers. These servers will be shared with Xbox and PC players. We are prepared to increase the pool of available public servers as we adjust for increased traffic.
- In-game scripting (Programmable Block): Scripting will not be available in single player or locally hosted multiplayer. This is simply a limitation of all the console platforms. Scripting will be available on dedicated servers.
- Mod support: Yes, mods will be supported with some restrictions. No client side scripting will be available.
- Mods, Worlds and Blueprints: Yes, of course, available through Mod.io. You can browse and subscribe to mods and blueprints in game. It is possible to share non-experimental mode creations between Xbox, PC, and PlayStation.
- Third party scenarios are not supported.
- PCU limits: PCU limits and restrictions will be identical to those seen on other platforms. These parameters will be consistent in single player as well as multiplayer, and in normal play as well as experimental play mode.
- PlayStation 4 - 100k, 200k (Experimental)
- PlayStation 4 Pro - 100k, 200k (Experimental)
- PlayStation 5 - 100k, 500k (Experimental)
What’s inside the PlayStation version?
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro will support 4 player multiplayer (lobby)
- PlayStation 5 will support 8 player multiplayer (lobby)
- Dedicated servers will be available, on launch, through Nitrado.
- PlayStation 5 has a higher graphic setting (higher textures, better models, improved post processing) than PlayStation 4 Pro, which has higher settings than PlayStation 4.
- The settings are similar to the Xbox counterparts.
- Some large asteroids are not available
- Unknown signals are not supported
- No community translations
- All Armors cost 2 PCUs (instead of 1 PCU on PC)
- Third party scenarios are not supported
- All the first party scenarios are supported (First Jump, Learning to Survive, Never Surrender etc.), except for Lost Colony.
Join the Beta
Finding Space Engineers on PS4 &PS5
- Open the PlayStation™Store on your PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5.
- Head to the Search feature and enter “Space Engineers”.
- The correct version will be available for purchase and install.
- Textures from Mods are not properly loaded
- PS5 performance is 60fps, but not yet stable enough
- PS4 Pro performance is 30fps
- There may be stability issues
Frequently Asked Questions
Remote collaboration is possible!
Our team is global.
Finding the best candidates to join Keen Software House means exploring every possible solution, including remote work. While we strive to provide team members with the best possible work-life balance here in Prague at our incredible Oranzerie offices, we understand that it is not always possible to transition, therefore we are very remote-friendly. Here’s a map of where our teammates live.
Follow our social media to get the latest news!
If you want to let me know your feedback, please get in touch via my personal email address firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our Keen Software House support site. I welcome all of the feedback we receive and we will use it to learn and provide better services to our players.
Thank you for reading this blog!
CEO, Creative Director, Founder at Keen Software House
CEO, CTO, Founder at GoodAI
Marek Rosa is the founder and CEO of GoodAI, a general artificial intelligence R&D company, and Keen Software House, an independent game development studio, started in 2010, and best known for its best-seller Space Engineers (nearing 5 million copies sold). Space Engineers has the 4th largest Workshop on Steam with over 500K mods, ships, stations, worlds, and more!
Marek has been interested in game development and artificial intelligence since childhood. He started his career as a programmer and later transitioned to a leadership role. After the success of Keen Software House titles, Marek was able to fund GoodAI in 2014 with a $10 Million personal investment.
Both companies now have over 100 engineers, researchers, artists, and game developers.
Marek's primary focus is the development of Space Engineers, VRAGE3 engine, AI Game, and Memetic Badger.
GoodAI's mission is to develop AGI - as fast as possible - to help humanity and understand the universe. One of the commercial stepping stones is the "AI game," which features LLM-driven NPCs grounded in the game world with developing personalities and long-term memory. GoodAI also works on autonomous agents that can self-improve and solve any task that a human can.