- 10-year anniversary of Space Engineers!
- Space Engineers on PlayStation
- Space Engineers - four major updates released
- VRAGE3 development
- LTM Benchmark
- Charlie Mnemonic - personal assistant with long-term memory
- Drone Groundstation
- AI People game - AI NPCs with long-term memory
- About our AGI development
- Plans for 2024
- My global predictions for 2024
Review of 2023
Major achievements from last year:
Keen Software House
Space Engineers on PlayStation
Warfare Evolution & Decorative Pack #3
10 Years of Space Engineers
Space Engineers + Hardspace: Shipbreaker Bundle
on PC, Xbox and PlayStation.
I believe in Space Engineers and I want it to be here in the decades to come; and for this, we need a strong basis, a game engine that is up to today’s standards, unique and revolutionary, and yet expandable in the future.
AI People Game
Charlie Mnemonic - personal assistant with long-term memory
Plans for 2024
In this year, my primary goals are the following:
Keen Software House
We will keep growing our team, there are still some open positions.
If you are interested in news about our company, our games, our plans for the future and what comes after VRAGE3, please join our newsletter and get exclusive news and updates you can’t find anywhere else!
About our AGI development
Someone asked me if we have abandoned our AGI development.
- Develop agents using LLMs, enhancing them with capabilities for continual learning, planning, reasoning, and tool utilization, all while prioritizing user experience.
- Create commercial applications, such as the AI People game, Charlie Mnemonic (our personal assistant featuring long-term memory), and drone Groundstation. It's important to note that GoodAI's primary objective has always been to develop practical products, not solely to pursue scientific inquiry.
- Build AI tools that not only empower individuals but are also universally accessible, thereby democratizing and distributing AI technology.
- Continue to refine and advance the fundamentals of AGI.
- For more info continue to: https://www.goodai.com/blog/
I have recently resumed training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), and I'm finding immense enjoyment in every session. For me, combat sports are particularly appealing because they demand a blend of tactical planning and spatial awareness, alongside physical strength and endurance. Also, I like a good fight.
My predictions for 2024
These are my speculative forecasts for the year ahead, with no guarantees of accuracy.
- GPT-5 released - 10x improvement in reasoning capabilities and precision of following longer and more complicated instructions. This will finally get us closer to LLM agents who can create and execute long-term plans reliably.
- Revolution in Continual Learning - LLMs with long-term memory and the ability to continually learn and adapt will start to get more attention. Think about it as ChatGPT but with an infinite conversation window. You can incrementally teach it new skills, and it learns about you. You don’t have to repeat information. You can teach it active skills (how to do things, what you like, how to answer your questions, etc).
- AI NPCs in games - I am a bit biased here (hehe) - but I think our AI People game will lead the way. I am not talking about plugging ChatGPT and voice interface into your game. I am talking about AI NPCs that can interact with the world, learn continually, have personalities, and generate a narrative that is engaging to the player.
- AI Simulated games - This will be a natural next step for our AI People game. Think about GPT not just emulating the behaviors of the agents but also the entire game world - with its logic and state updates. You would not have to program the game. The GPT would determine what happens next in your game.
- AI-generated video - a significant advancement in AI-generated videos, especially in achieving greater consistency and coherence in longer formats, overcoming previous challenges of maintaining frame-to-frame continuity. We will get 10+ minutes long AI-generated videos that are consistent.
- New Hardware - I expect commercially available chips focused on cheap and fast inference of transformer models. Think about it like an ASIC board with frozen model weights. Imagine it like GPT-4 running on your phone but generating 1 million tokens per second and not draining your battery.
- AI Robotics - we will see a moment similar to the ChatGPT release in 2023 - some major advancement in robotics (100x from today’s possibilities). Tesla Optimus humanoid robot is a good example; the trend of their advancements looks very good.
- AI safety and alignment - We will see if AI models with more powerful capabilities lead to increased alignment and safety. My bet is that it will actually be more accessible to align more powerful models to human values than it is to align weaker models. I don’t expect that the Orthogonality thesis will hold.
- Impact on the job market - the trend of AI replacing some of the workers will continue, but on the other hand, AI assisting tools will keep opening the doors to new people, and the most exciting is that many more one-founder startups will emerge because one person with a great idea will be able to execute it very effectively if employing available AI assisting tools. This will lead to an explosion of new products and services.
- Politics - it seems the world has been getting crazier in the last few years, with more extreme opinions and new wars. But my hope is that nothing worse than what is already happening will happen in 2024 and years leading to the technological singularity.
Hiring - Keen Software House
If you’re interested in working on awesome games like Space Engineers or our in-house engine VRAGE3, we’d love to hear from you!
Our team is global. Remote collaboration is possible!
Hiring - GoodAI
If you want to work on LLM-driven agents, long-term memory (LTM) systems, continual learning, AI NPCs, AI for drones, and think that AI should be available to everyone, consider joining our team.
Our teams are global.
We released new SE 10-year anniversary merchandise to commemorate this special occasion.
For new Displate metal posters, continue here.
Follow our social media to get the latest news!
- Space Engineers & Keen Software House Connect Page
- GoodAI Twitter
- GoodAI Facebook
- GoodAI LinkedIn
- GoodAI Instagram
If you want to let me know your feedback, please get in touch via my personal email address email@example.com, or use our Keen Software House support site. I welcome all of the feedback we receive and we will use it to learn and provide better services to our players.
Thank you for reading this blog!
CEO, Creative Director, Founder at Keen Software House
CEO, CTO, Founder at GoodAI
Marek Rosa is the founder and CEO of GoodAI, a general artificial intelligence R&D company, and Keen Software House, an independent game development studio, started in 2010, and best known for its best-seller Space Engineers (over 5 million copies sold). Space Engineers has the 4th largest Workshop on Steam with over 500K mods, ships, stations, worlds, and more!