What has happened in last two-three weeks:
- We had guests from Czech Television (CT1), they made some short interviews with us for the show/documentary about computer games in the middle of October.
- Work on Miner Wars technology is finally nearing its end, so soon we will be able to focus entirely on gameplay mechanics.
- We are writing Miner Wars Encyclopedia, with list and descriptions of factions, solar system map, history till 2081, weapons, technology, life in Miner Wars...
- We hired some new guys and let go some other - it's actually very cool here in Prague: more developers want to work with us than we can actually hire. We can really keep up to my dream and have only the best staff we choose!
- Our in-game editor got many fixes and new features too: player can place large ship weapons that will start shooting at enemies, new light and particle prefabs, many new prefabs/models etc.
- We made 5 new small ships and one more is still in production and it will be a spherically shaped ship. I am curious how will that turn out.
- I know you don't want to hear this, but we have implemented HDR and environment mapping, although they need some tweaking. Also shading algorithm got some precision increase.
- Bots do auto-leveling according to player's horizontal orientation.
- This week we are going to fix persistence of the game world, therefore we will finally be able to populate our story mode with asteroids, stations and enemies - and give it some real life!
- Implement multi-material voxels, so harvesting will make sense (again!)
- Finish kinematic prefabs - doors, fans, rotating generators...
- Implement toolbar into in-game editor, making it more user friendly
- Implement our own particle editor, which will give more power to artists and take the burden out of programmers.